Sunday 18 November 2012

Number 2 was messy

Today I planted crocuses in the shape of my name, which is the 2nd thing I can cross off my list of 50, it is No. 29 on the list, but the order is pretty random.

I bought 5 black square tubs from Homebase, and planted the bulbs, in letter in each tub. Today is a lovely November day, sunny and still. But yesterday early evening we did the first part of the process in the dark, under the intermittent glare of the ourdoor security light! D drilled some holes in the bases of the pots for drainage, then we scrabbled around for pebbles and stones to put in the bottom - since the pots are deep and crocuses do not need THAT much soil. Then we found we had enough compost for only 4 pots, so I would either have to be JANE, or go and buy some more - I opted to buy more compost.

This morning I painted a letter of my name on each pot, discreetly under the rim, so that I would know which pot was which. Then I planted all 5 letters, did some spares in case of mishaps, watered the pots, and hey presto, No.2 can be crossed off my List!



No comments:

Post a Comment