Sunday 13 January 2013

Nearly Knitted

I was never sure about this one - Knitting a Dennis The Menace jumper for my son - as I have little experience of the craft, having previously only knitted parts of a scarf for Mike when he left work to live in Scotland, and on that occasion, I got various colleagues to help out.

I recruited my mother, Joyce, to help out, so we chose the pattern and wool together, and she knitted the ribbing at the bottom, then left the easy bits for me. I found myself enjoying knitting, often sitting up quite late, listening to the radio while making slow progress. But it grew and grew and grew, and now it is very nearly finished.  Lovely Mum is working on the complicated bits at the neck, and then I will assemble the four pieces, to create a stripy red and black homemade jumper, which I hope Carl will love to wear.

Knitting a Dennis the menace jumper

It has taken weeks, and I will miss knitting, so will my Mum. But I have no time to start another jumper, as I need to try my hand at a quilt, plus cross-stitch or embroidery etc etc

Can't wait to see the jumper completed, won't be long now, hurrah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment