Monday 17 June 2013

Bath Time

On 31st May 2013, I went to the city of Bath for the first time.
I have been meaning to go there for ages, so it is on The List.
My friend Sam drove Barbara and me there, we were on our way to the Hay Festival, taking a detour, just so that I could cross Bath off my list. My friends are tolerant and kind!
The first thing I found was the Central Library, so of course I had to have my photo taken outside the door (I work in the central library of my home town).

We went for morning coffee in the Pump Room, a very classy place - in fact I had this from the menu: 
Caramel sortb
Georgian Elevenses
Toasted Bath bun with cinnamon butter, hot chocolate with whipped cream, glass of the world famous Bath spa water £6.25.
Wish I had asked for the drink without cream, I know it upsets my stomach, so had to scrape it off! Lowering the tone of the place.
The water came straight from the pump in the room, it was warm and....nasty.

 This is the pump with the Roman Bath behind it
 The famous Roman Bath
I didn't dare to have more than a few sips of this warm pump water.
There was a quartet playing classical music in the Pump Room as we ate, the waiters were very polite and pleasant, it was a beautiful place. We had a walk round the city, full of tourists of course, but well worth going - since we didn't have that much time, I would be pleased to go back there one day for a proper look.
Then we bought a picnic from Waitrose for our lunch, a very good idea indeed. Although I dare not tell you the ultimate fate of the taramasalata, eh Sam? Hehehe, I am still laughing about that incident, shocking and hilarious as it was! Justice was served in fishy pink form.




Caramel shortbreadD
Caramel shortbre
Caramel shor

1 comment:

  1. Taramasalata is a fitting means to mete out justice to thoughtless and anti-social bastards. It is also yummy.

    ReplyDelete