Monday 19 August 2013

Jammy Devil

An item on my List is to make jam from some fruit I have either grown or foraged.
I have a redcurrant bush, only 2 years old, and this is the first year it has produced a decent crop. My son loves to pick and eat them directly, but last week they were at their ripest, and he was away in Blackpool for 6 days.

I picked the whole crop, and looked online for a jam recipe - there are so many!
 I chose one that had half the amount of fruit to sugar, got sterilizing my jars, and boiling away.


In the end there was only enough to fill one jar, but it is rather delicious. I goes very well with buttered cheese scones, which is what I gave my mother when she came over for lunch that day.

 
So, another thing ticked off the List, and this is something I will do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment