Monday 19 August 2013

Eyeful of London, then down the Dungeon

In June 2013, I went with D to London. We took a 'flight' on the London Eye. Although we had ordered tickets beforehand, the queuing system is somewhat confusing, but we managed it, and got into a pod with around 20 strangers.

It really is most impressive, the views are spectacular, and it goes so high that my knees felt all wobbly, and I had to sit down as we neared the top.

We had a circular map, to identify the buildings, which was very useful.

 OK so I confess, I am not good with heights, but the London Eye was something I have been wanting to do for ages. It was well worth doing and I recommend it, but I can't see me doing it again.

On to the London Dungeon - we bought a combined ticket for both.
There was a long queue along dark corridors, which was most irritating. I hadn't realised that we were to be taken round in groups, a guided and acted tour of the attraction. There are rooms featuring the Great Plague, the Gunpowder Plot, Sweeney Todd, all the things you would expect really. The actors are enthusiastic and it was quite fun, but I lost interest towards the end, it was too long, and aimed mainly at youngsters. Very glad to get out of there!

Ah well, 2 more List items ticked off, hurrah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment